Saturday, 7 August 2010

a different kind of brazilian.

So I have been the crappiest blogger ever recently thanks to no internet followed by too much work and too much going on in general. I've been so busy I haven't been able to even read any of the blogs I follow let alone right my own. Useless!

Anyway the first thing I wanted to talk about was the Brazilian Blow Dry that I had done 3 weeks ago. I was really excited about getting it done as I'd heard it basically fixes really ruined hair and I've been bleaching mine blonde for the past 10 years. I take pretty good care of it by always using Kerastace products on it but it is still inevitably dry at times due to the damage that bleach does to the hair. My hairdresser originally told me about the Brazilian blow dry and I did a bit of research online to find out more and decided that I would really like to get it done to see if it helps improve the condition of my hair. However they normally cost around £250 and that is just more than I was willing to pay.

Well luck would have it that I got sent an offer on a website called Groupon where they were selling a voucher to get a Brazilian blow dry done at a salon in Mayfair for only £80! I immediately thought it was a bargain and signed up.

The salon it was for is called Eleven and I managed to get an appointment quite quickly which was great and the salon itself was lovely. All in all it took 2 hours and was pleasant enough. I was told it should last 12 weeks, not to wash it for 3 days and that I couldn't use normal shampoo, I had to buy shampoo that didn't contain sodium laurate as it breaks down the stuff that is supposed to soften the hair.

Well when I came out my hair certainly felt softer and looked shinier. However, this didn't last. Despite using the shampoo and conditioner and doing everything right my hair has already gone back to normal.

I'm REALLY unimpressed. It didn't even make blow-drying my hair easier which was another thing it was supposed to.

I don't know if it's the place that I got it done or the product itself but I was left feeling very irritated that I'd parted with all that money for nothing. Thank god I didn't spend the £250 it should have cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment