Monday, 25 October 2010

mascara = beauty

So this morning I received this email...

Dear Aunt Lip Gloss Voodoo.

I am an avid reader of your blog and would like some beauty advice, please. I am looking for a new mascara (as my mascara of the last 100 years has finally dried out) and I would like to purchase a new one, however I do not know what to buy as there is just too much to choose from. I would like one that is fairly subtle, definitely not clumpy. What would you suggest?

From
Confused reader


OK so it actually was from my best friend but who am I to hold that against her. I thought I'd share my response with you guys too...


I prefer Auntie but whatevs! :p

I would recommend one of the body shop mascara's. I love their Big and Curvy mascara but I think as you like yours a bit more subtle then you should go for Divide and Lengthen. They're really good and very reasonably priced.

If you did want to branch out and spend more money then the best mascara is Lancôme's Hypnose but it's more expensive (£20) but it really is the best mascara I've ever used.

You can't go wrong with The Body Shop ones, they've really improved them and I love them. Plus good for the environment and all that!

Much love,
Lipgloss Voodoo


So there you have it. I can't live without mascara. I literally would not leave the house with it on and I normally have about 6 different ones on the go at once!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with mascaras. Different occasions call for different lashes right?

    I really love some of the cheapie brands. Miss Sporty do a pretty good one - Studio Lash - at 2.99. L'Oreal Voluminous is my all time favourite though!

    Chrissy xx

    ChrissyDee1011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. YSL makes brilliant mascara, but Body Shop is better for your conscience and it's well good indeed.

    ReplyDelete