Sunday, 9 January 2011

Top 10 Nail Polishes of 2010

So I thought I'd share with you guys my favourite 10 nail polishes that came out last year. 2010 was very much the year of the nail polish and I hope it continues this year because, for me, nothing cheers me up more than getting new nail varnishes and have pretty nails! So on to my top 10...




Dior - Timeless Gold
I was searching for somewhere that had this colour in stock for 4 weeks and when I finally found lets just say I was pretty pleased. It is just frigging gorgeous, it has a look of brushed metal to it if you know what I mean. Not cheap at £16.50 but totally worth it.


Chanel - Nouvelle Vague
Ah Chanel, how I love thee so. Nouvelle Vague was a cracker of a colour and I had to resort to extremely expensive measures to get my hands on a bottle but it was worth it. Such a vibrant and lovely colour.


OPI - Ogre the Top Blue
I LOVED the Shrek collection that OPI did, probably more so than the movie! All of the colours were great but the blue was definitely my favourite, it really pop's and I always get lots of comments on it when I wear it.


Nars - Pokerface
My first ever purchase of a Nars nail polish and I'm now a fan. Love the bottle, love the nail and most importantly, love the colour. It's a gorgeous shade of lilac with a lovely slight shimmer throughout it. Gorgeous.


Chanel - Khaki Vert
Another great Chanel colour that came out this year was Khaki Vert. Was released with 2 other limited edition Khaki colour but the vert was definitely my favourite. Such a gorgeous colour.


Models Own - Purple Ash
I discovered Models Own this year and I'm so pleased I did. Such a gorgeous range of colours and really quite reasonable price. My favourite was hard to pick but I went with Purple Ash which was part of the "Car Keys" collection which was kinda a take on Chanel's Khaki collection! Genius!


Nails Inc - Cadogan Square
Ah Nails Inc, got to be one of my favourite nail brands, they started off my obsession and I own pretty much all of their colours! This was one of my favs of 2010, such a gorgeous Camel colour, VERY autumn/winter 2010!


Nails Inc - Devonshire Row
Another gorgeous nails inc colour, this time from the Ice Cream collection and it was hard to pick one from that collection because the four colours in it were just gorgeous and I loved them all.


Andrea Fullerton - Julia
Superdrug got together with Andrew Fullerton in 2010 and brought out a whole range of awesome products. My favourite nail colour is Julia which a gorgeous kinda brick pink colour. But it's also worth mentioning the nail tattoos and stickers, peelable nail varnish and nail art sets as well. The whole range is well worth checking out.


OPI - Ski Teal We Drop
Big fan of OPI and I loved their Swiss collection. Really lovely autumn colours but Ski Teal We Drop was definitely the best colour. It's a really beautiful bluey teal colour that looks gorgeous on.


A special mention needs to go to Barry M's instant nail effects nail varnish. Everyone went crazy for it and every time I wear it I have people asking me about my nails.


And another special mention to Models Own for their collaboration with WAH nails in bringing out their nail art pens. They're amazing, easy to use and I've been practicing my leopard print skills!

So there you go. Hopefully I'll be making a similar post next year with even prettier colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment